There is a constant need for compliance and security in every industry that uses customer identities for tracking records, transactions, or any other activity. As such the advantages of audit trails are multidimensional - from generating historical reports, crime investigation, future budget planning, audit compliance, risk management, and many more.
The LoginRadius’ recently announced Consumer Audit Trail detects threats in real-time, manages incident response, and if need be, even performs a forensic investigation on past security incidents. It also turns log entries, and events from security systems, into actionable information.
Additionally, it prepares audits for compliance purposes, provides the functionality to track user engagement, and gain an in-depth understanding of customer behavioral metrics.
Intent Behind the Launch
The ability to track back records to their source comes with a lot of benefits. Transparency, compliance, accountability, and security of sensitive information are a few of them.
Through real-time monitoring, businesses can automate audit logs and use them to identify unusual activities or operational issues.
In addition, audit logs can be used to gain deeper insights into an identity cloud environment. This information improves the application's performance and maintainability and automates actions that otherwise require manual intervention.
Core Capabilities of LoginRadius Consumer Audit Trail
- Data Collection: The LoginRadius Data Management Platform gathers data from various sources, APIs, and even from migrated data to enrich the user profile data.
- Data Categorization: It categorizes APIs as create, read, update, delete (CRUD) to manage all rules, properties, and events.
- Data Versioning: It produces gigabytes of log data every day, and every change made to the user profile is stored/versioned and used for auditing purposes.
- Data Filtration for Identified Data Point: The consumer audit trail filter the activities of a user based on identified data points like ID, UID, apple ID, CRUD operations on user profile, date, time, region, IP, database, user agent, host and many more.
- Log Retention: The parsed data is stored for further analysis for a default retention policy, which is the last 30 days.
- Real-Time Alerting: It offers alert notification supported via email, dashboard, webhook, and other inbuilt integrations.
- Incident Response: It provides case management, collaboration, and knowledge sharing around security incidents.
- SIEM Complete Solution Analytics: LoginRadius offers its SIEM solution via integration to showcase the analytical details for business decisions. It supports integrations with most-used tools like Splunk, logstash, sumo logic, etc.
A Final Word
The world that we live in today falls under several regulatory laws - be it the EU's GDPR, California's CCPA, or any other international statutes. It is a good practice to maintain a reliable and accurate audit log and trail system.
The LoginRadius' Consumer AuditTrail feature plays a vital role in the maintenance, security, availability, and integrity of the records so businesses can understand the bigger picture in the cybersecurity threat landscape.
Originally Published at LoginRadius