This handbook introduces the basic principles and fundamentals of cyber security towards establishing an understanding of how to protect computers from hackers and adversaries. The highly informative subject matter of this handbook, includes various concepts, models, and terminologies along with examples and illustrations to demonstrate substantial technical details of the field. It motivates the readers to exercise better protection and defense mechanisms to deal with attackers and mitigate the situation. This handbook also outlines some of the exciting areas of future research where the existing approaches can be implemented.
Exponential increase in the use of computers as a means of storing and retrieving security-intensive information requires the placement of adequate security measures to safeguard the entire computing and communication scenario. With the advent of the Internet and its underlying technologies, information security aspects are becoming a prime concern towards protecting the networks and the cyber ecosystem from a variety of threats, which is illustrated in this handbook.
This handbook primarily targets professionals in security, privacy, and trust to use and improve the reliability of businesses in a distributed manner, as well as computer scientists and software developers, who are seeking to carry out research and develop software in information and cyber security. Researchers and advanced-level students in computer science will also benefit from this reference.
- Book Title - Handbook of Computer Networks and Cyber Security
- Book Subtitle - Principles and Paradigms
- Editors - Brij B. Gupta, Gregorio Martinez Perez, Dharma P. Agrawal, Deepak Gupta
- DOI - https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22277-2
- Copyright Information - Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name - Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages - Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN - 978-3-030-22276-5
- Softcover ISBN - 978-3-030-22279-6
- eBook ISBN - 978-3-030-22277-2
- Edition Number - 1
- Number of Pages - XX, 959
- Number of Illustrations - 59 b/w illustrations, 197 illustrations in color
- Topics - Security Computer Communication Networks Information Systems and Communication Service Artificial Intelligence
Read and Download the book